Jointless. Stronger. Thinner.
Steel-Fiber Reinforced, No-Shrink Concrete Floors with No Saw Cuts
The first jointless concrete floor with no saw cuts, PrīmXComposite is a steel fiber-reinforced, no-shrink concrete flooring system. PrīmXComposite contains steel fibers and two types of add mixtures combined with ready-mix concrete to create a composite material. It requires no joints or saw cuts within each pour, eliminating a mile or more of joints per typical large-scale placement.
Visit the PrīmXComposite North America website.
PrīmXComposite eliminates joints, saw cuts and post-installation problems, increases productivity, and reduces equipment repair. Up to 60-percent thinner than traditional concrete slabs, PrīmXComposite has a much higher load-bearing capacity than traditional designs and allows racking to be placed without joint consideration.
Advancements in composite materials, such as carbon fiber, plastics and polymers create thinner materials with increased strength and performance. While other materials have been improved, concrete has been virtually unchanged since the early 1820s. Traditional concrete:
- Is strong in compression, but weak in tension
- Is considered a quasi-brittle material, like ceramic (china)
- Needs to be cut in anticipation of cracks, sawing joints every 12 to 16 feet (3.64 to 4.87 meters)
- Requires steel rebar for reinforcement
- Curls at joints, causing deterioration and reducing productivity
- Requires regular maintenance and high repair costs
During wet cure, the PrīmXComposite system absorbs water, causing a delayed chemical reaction. The additives in PrīmXComposite form a micro-scale composite structure, including crystals, that expand and compress the internal concrete matrix. This expansion puts the steel fibers in tension creating a permanent pre-stress compression. The patented application allows for the dramatic thinning of slabs from traditional design.
- Are engineered to exceed design load requirements
- Increase material handling productivity
- Reduce equipment maintenance costs
- Allow storage racks to be placed and moved anywhere needed
- Are virtually maintenance free
- Have a significantly longer life cycle
PrīmXComposite is eligible to earn LEED credit and has many sustainability benefits. It uses less material, eliminates hazardous silica dust from joint sawing, and reduces carbon dioxide emissions by reducing cement content.
Trusted by the most sophisticated companies worldwide, over 60 million square feet of PrīmXComposite is in service today. PrīmXComposite is the most stable and advanced concrete flooring product on earth.